I provide individual telephone counselling and life coaching to adults and adolescents.
Clients come to counselling and coaching for many different reasons:
- To share their pain and deepest truths with a supportive, non-judgmental and compassionate person
- To learn new skills and strategies about how to cope with difficult circumstances, emotions or relationships
- To gain clarity about next steps for their life/career/relationship
- To receive support and guidance for trusting themselves to navigate through transitions (job change, separation, divorce, new relationship, birth of child, moving, loss)
- Stress and overwhelm
- Parenting challenges
- Support for accomplishing a dream or big goal
- Increasing feelings of joy, ease, excitement, passion and love
- Deepening connections and improving relationships with themselves, partners, children, friends
- Career exploration and life callings
- Changing or starting new personal habits
- Connecting with themselves
- Improving body image and their relationship with their body
- Learning to trust themselves
- Burnout and self-care
- To work with their Inner Critic
I offer one-on-one telephone counselling:
Counselling and coaching sessions are conducted easily and confidentially over the phone or Skype, which allows you the convenience of being in the comfort of your own home, no matter where in Canada you live. Telephone counselling also saves you the hassles of dealing with driving to and from sessions, parking issues, stress and money.
Many people report the benefits of telephone counselling to be feeling much more relaxed and comfortable in their own home and space, more so than they would in an office setting. This then allows them to be more fully present in our sessions, thereby helping to create greater change. Phone counselling is also ideal for people living in geographical areas other than Greater Victoria, for people with busy schedules, with children at home, or mobility or transportation challenges. Research supports telephone counselling to be equally as effective as in-person, office based counselling- and for some individuals, it is even more effective.
Telephone counselling is not for everyone. I cannot provide this service to people experiencing suicidal ideation, psychosis, or in some cases, severe depression as there are possible safety issues. In these cases, an in-person therapist is often the best choice.
Each session is 60 minutes in length and scheduled in Pacific Standard Time. At this time, I only offer counselling services to individuals living in Canada. Coaching services are available worldwide.
Each 60 minute session is $100.00 CAD and includes a detailed email summary of our session and recommended practices.
Fees are payable through either bank e-transfers or PayPal and are paid prior to each session.
Many extended health insurance benefits will cover a portion or set dollar amount per year for you to see a Registered Clinical Counsellor. Please check with your insurance provider to see if you are covered. Unclaimed fees may also be income tax deductible.
If you’re curious about telephone counselling or coaching, I offer a free 20 minute discovery session to explore if working together feels like a good fit.
Contact me to get started.